Friday, July 16, 2010

Good Morning Caracas! Is It Too Late to Start Rosetta Stone?

Good Morning All,

The sounds of breakfast are coming from the kitchen and a cool breeze is blowing through the window.  Frantz's mom Emma {Frantz lives with the Dyes) and Ruth (I can't roll my r's and can I learn Spanish before breakfast?) come over in the morning to help the Dyes out with cleaning and breakfast.  I love how the people her demonstrate what it means to be part of a community.

On a sad note, Hilda is gone.  For those of you not familiar with Hilda, Hilda would start pounding on the wall of the apartment complex, screaming after midnight.  I also would like to report that I donned my anti-mosquito pajamas last night and I am happy to report that I was successful in my choice of clothing.


We arrived in the Caracas Airport without incident and met up with our friends from Caracas.  If there is a speed limit, I am not sure what it is.  We made a 45 minute to an hour trip in a little over 30 minutes.

This morning we are going through orientation and will find out more what we will being doing with our time here.  I hope all is with you.

Time to enjoy another cup of Steve's coffee.

Ralph

Levi passing out animal balloons they made in the Miami airport.









Alison in action.  We are going to make balloon animals for the kids in VBS.

Venezuela Customs.

Venezuela Plaza Fountain at 40 km/hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment